An Experienced Team Committed To Enforcing Custodial Orders

If your child’s parent is not honoring the court’s order regarding your custodial rights, serious consideration should be given to filing an enforcement action.  At Nelson, Krueger & Millenbach, LLC, our team of knowledgeable attorneys has advocated effectively for the rights of parents throughout Milwaukee and Waukesha. We understand what it takes to enforce the court’s order so you can have the time you deserve with your children.

What Should I Do If I Cannot See My Children?

If you have been denied a period of visitation due to the other parent not following the court order, it is important that you do the following:

  1. Document every instance in which your co-parent refuses to obey the custody order
  2. Continue to pay child support, even if you have not had access to your child
  3. Enlist the help of the court and family law attorneys to enforce the existing order

Preparing For The Court Process

If you have evidence your co-parent is violating the placement order, the next step is to file an Order to Enforce Physical Placement. The court will grant you a hearing within 30 days of filing. At this hearing, you can present your evidence to a family law judge in the hope that they will grant your petition. If your former partner continues to disobey the court order, a judge can issue an order to enforce the custody schedule. You may be entitled to makeup time and a modification of the placement schedule in order to be more clear as to when placement is supposed to occur if that is an issue.  Further,  if the court determines that the other parent unreasonably withheld placement, you are entitled to collect attorney fees for having to bring the action.

Do Not Hesitate – Reach Out For Our Assistance

We understand that these steps are immensely complicated, especially if you are also struggling emotionally because you miss your children. Reach out to us to schedule a consultation about how we can help you. Call 262-307-2775 or send us an email today.