An Overview Of Our Family Law Practice
The lawyers at Nelson, Krueger & Millenbach, LLC, handle all aspects of family law. When possible, we work to minimize conflict in family law cases. However, when litigation is the only way to resolve problems arising from issues such as divorce, paternity and child custody battles, we are vigorous advocates for our clients.
Our Approach To Family Law
Our firm takes a hands-on approach to family law. When you retain a lawyer at our firm, you will work with that lawyer throughout the duration of your case. Your lawyer will listen to your needs and partner with you on important decisions affecting your case. Throughout your case, your lawyer will keep you up-to-date on the status of your case and what to expect.
Our lawyers are known and respected in Wisconsin family courts. Our experience within the courts and knowledge of the law enables us to work efficiently and advocate effectively on your behalf.
We know that family law matters are often stressful. We do our utmost to make the process as pain-free as possible.
We Represent Individuals And Families In Milwaukee, Waukesha And Throughout Southeastern Wisconsin
To learn more about our legal services, please follow the links below:
- Divorce: Our Waukesha and Milwaukee family law lawyers handle everything from simple, uncontested divorces to complex divorces involving high assets and closely held businesses.
- Legal separation and annulment: In some circumstances, a legal separation is a better alternative to divorce. Annulment is less common, but can be an option in certain limited circumstances.
- Child custody and placement (visitation): We consider the unique circumstances of your life and the needs of your children to achieve your custody and visitation (placement) goals.
- Maintenance and spousal support: Spousal support or maintenance (alimony) payments are determined based on the facts of your case. We can help you make sure your maintenance order is fair and consistent with Wisconsin law.
- Child support: In any family law matter, our primary concern is what is in the best interests of the child involved. Wisconsin law requires both parents to support their children according to state mandated child support guidelines.
- Post-judgment disputes and modifications: When circumstances substantially change after the final divorce or paternity decree, it is possible to modify support, placement (visitation) or maintenance orders under certain circumstances. We can help you determine what is appropriate given the facts of your case.
- Paternity: The law requires a formal determination of paternity for the father to obtain parental rights and to protect the interests of the child. This could include custody, visitation (placement) and financial orders.
- Restraining orders: Law enforcement considers charges of domestic violence very seriously and the court system offers remedies such as restraining orders for victims. If you have been abused by your spouse/partner or you are the parent of a child who has been abused, we can help obtain restraining orders to keep you and your family safe. We also help protect your rights if you are the subject of a restraining order.
- Cooperative and collaborative divorce: We offer collaborative, cooperative and mediated divorce alternatives to extensive litigation in an effort to reduce the negative effects of a divorce on the parties and the children.
Contact A Child Custody And Support Lawyer
Located in Wauwatosa, Wisconsin, Nelson, Krueger & Millenbach, LLC, serves the Greater Milwaukee area. To schedule a free initial office consultation with one of our family attorneys, contact us at 414-939-0529.
We accept most credit cards.