Valerie J. Asimacopoulos
Attorney Valerie J. Asimacopoulos is an associate attorney with a passion for family law. Attorney Asimacopoulos is committed to helping her clients navigate and understand each step of the court process. She understands that the court process can be intimidating, which is why she ensures open and honest communication with her clients.
Attorney Asimacopoulos attended Marquette University where she graduated magna cum laude with an Honors Bachelor of Arts degree in Economics and Political Science. She also attended Villanova University Charles Widger School of Law where she received her Juris Doctorate degree. While in law school, Attorney Asimacopoulos competed on Villanova Law's National Trial Team and was a quarterfinalist in Villanova's 60th Annual Reimel Moot Court Competition.
Attorney Asimacopoulos tirelessly advocates for her clients while keeping their expectations realistic. She is empathetic, analytical, and thorough. While Attorney Asimacopoulos strives to find an advantageous middle-ground between all parties, when all else fails, her strong litigation skills assist her clients in receiving a favorable resolution to their issues.
She represents clients in family law related matters including divorce, post-judgment disputes, maintenance modifications and enforcement, spousal support, paternity actions, child custody and placement actions, placement enforcement, child support, child support modifications and enforcement, child removal, child abuse, contempt orders, harassment, domestic violence, and restraining orders.
Attorney Asimacopoulos is licensed to practice law in the State of Wisconsin.
Areas of Practice
- Child Abuse
- Child Custody and Placement
- Child Custody and Placement Enforcement
- Child Support
- Child Support Enforcement
- Child Removal
- Contempt Actions
- Domestic Violence
- Maintenance Modification/Enforcement
- Paternity Actions
- Post-Judgment Disputes/Modifications
- Restraining Orders
- Spousal Support
- Villanova University School of Law, Villanova, Pennsylvania
- Honors: National Trial Team Member
- Honors: Reimel Moot Court Competition quarterfinalist
- Honors: Award for highest section grade in Torts (2018) and Trial Advocacy
- Marquette University, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Honors: Interdisciplinary Honors Program
- Honors: Pre-Law Society President
- Honors: Pre-Law Scholars Program
- Honors: Pi Alpha Sigma National Honors Society
- Honors: Omicron Delta Epsilon National Honors Society
- Honors: Dean’s List 5/6 semesters
- Major: Economics & Political Science
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of Wisconsin
- Hellenic Bar Association
- Leander J. Foley Jr. Society of Family Law Lawyers
- Milwaukee Young Lawyers Association
- Waukesha Bar Association
- Ozaukee Bar Association