Valerie J. Asimacopoulos
Attorney Valerie J. Asimacopoulos is an associate attorney with a passion for family law. She represents clients in family law related matters including post-judgment disputes, maintenance modifications and enforcement, spousal support, paternity actions, child custody and placement actions, placement enforcement, child support, child support modifications and enforcement, child removal, child abuse, contempt orders, harassment, domestic violence, and restraining orders.
Attorney Asimacopoulos attended Marquette University where she graduated magna cum laude with an Honors Bachelor of Arts degree in Economics and Political Science. She also attended Villanova University Charles Widger School of Law where she received her Juris Doctorate degree. While in law school, Attorney Asimacopoulos competed on Villanova Law's National Trial Team where she refined her litigation skills and learned how to be a fierce advocate. Attorney Asimacopoulos was also a quarterfinalist of Villanova's 60th Annual Reimel Moot Court Competition where she further developed her oral advocacy abilities. Additionally, she worked in the Villanova Civil Justice Clinic where she represented several clients in landlord-tenant disputes.
Attorney Asimacopoulos has seized every opportunity to learn more about family law. She worked for a Philadelphia adoption attorney, conducted research for a Villanova professor regarding Pennsylvania family law, assisted in forming a COVID-19 family law informative guide, and has taken several family law-specific classes, such as Children & the Law and Family Law.
Attorney Asimacopoulos tirelessly advocates for her clients while keeping their expectations realistic. She encourages candid communication with her clients, believing it to be the key to successful and sound representation. She prioritizes trying to find a synergetic middle-ground between both parties, but when all else fails, her strong litigation skills assist her clients in receiving a favorable resolution to their issues.
Attorney Asimacopoulos is licensed to practice law in the State of Wisconsin.
Areas of Practice
- Child Abuse
- Child Custody and Placement
- Child Custody and Placement Enforcement
- Child Support
- Child Support Enforcement
- Child Removal
- Contempt Actions
- Domestic Violence
- Maintenance Modification/Enforcement
- Paternity Actions
- Post-Judgment Disputes/Modifications
- Restraining Orders
- Spousal Support
- Villanova University School of Law, Villanova, Pennsylvania
- Honors: National Trial Team Member, 2019
- Honors: Reimel Moot Court Competition quarterfinalist
- Honors: Award for highest section grade in Torts (2018) and Trial Advocacy (2019)
- Marquette University, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Honors: Interdisciplinary Honors Program
- Honors: Pre-Law Society President
- Honors: Pre-Law Scholars Program
- Honors: Pi Alpha Sigma National Honors Society
- Honors: Omicron Delta Epsilon National Honors Society
- Honors: Dean’s List 5/6 semesters
- Major: Economics & Political Science
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of Wisconsin
- Hellenic Bar Association